Kinetic energy is a catalytic agent that changes whatever it comes into contact with. We believe, the gospel message (good news) of Jesus Christ likewise changes everything with which it has contact. We want to be a diverse contemporary church in Brooklyn that is a force for good, serving individuals and communities, promoting healing and justice, and engaging culture; a place where skeptics and seekers feel comfortable asking questions about God; a place that builds bridges of hope in what can be a lonely and challenging city.
To lay the foundation for our church, we've gotten out into Brooklyn's communities to listen and learn how we can serve. We've met and begun to partner with people who are the fabric of Brooklyn's vibrant neighborhoods. Our partnerships have included music events, a support group for the parents of kids who attend the elementary school, events that explore the intersection of the arts, race, gender and justice, relationship enrichment seminars, and a class for non-Christians that explores the claims of Christianity. We invite you to join us as we build a team committed to loving God, loving each other, and serving our city. For more information click HERE and submit the form on our home page.
The following are our church's core commitments:
- HOLISTIC ~ We value the integration of spiritual and emotional health, and investment in the care of souls and communities.
- DIVERSITY ~ We value racial and socioeconomic diversity.
- JUSTICE ~ We value the worth and dignity of every human being and the use of our resources to promote human flourishing, with particular attention to the needs of the poor and at-risk communities.
- CREATIVITY ~ We value the creative arts and investment in the lives of artists and innovators.
- URBAN FOCUS ~ We value the renewal of urban centers and development of the local communities we serve.
- SPIRIT-FILLED ~ We value the presence of the Holy Spirit for effective living.
Dr. Cedric Johnson is the Lead Pastor of Kinetic Christian Center. He holds a Masters in Social Work from Hunter College, and a Masters of Divinity and Ph.D. from Princeton Theological Seminary. Pastor Cedric is an author, psychotherapist and educator. He also serves as Assistant Director of Training for Redeemer City to City. As a former drummer, he loves the creative arts as well as tennis and the beach.
Veronica Cohn-Johnson, Cedric's wife, serves as Associate Pastor at Kinetic Christian Center. She provides leadership in our Prayer Ministry and Women's Ministries. Her vocational background is in the fashion industry and she loves to do anything that allows her to express her creativity in various areas of design. She is also a "foodie" and loves to travel.